10. When life is a lot: How to honour your limits and let go to grow
As Creative Feminine Leaders, it’s fundamental that the idea of meeting our grief edges, both individually and together in community; as well as acknowledging our limits when life feels way too much, is understood as pivotal to leading with embodied integrity.
As ambitious (read: over-functioning) women, when a tsunami of grief, overwhelm or struggle hits, how can we stop white-knuckling our way forward in pursuit of how we think it should be, and get honest and transparent about our limits instead?
Today’s episode explores how when we soldier on, past our physical, emotional and psychological limits, we are actually selling ourselves short by losing opportunities for true, deep, connection that can heal not only our own wounds, but make space for our loved ones, peers and communities to see their own potential for healing as well.
Some of the key ideas Kate speaks to are:
- Building the shape of your soul work while tending to its continual cycles and evolution with a “loose hold”
- Remembering that you are a new iteration of self every day - meaning you will face inevitable loss every day
- Letting go as a state of devoted intention, asking us to lean into what is present now - instead of clutching onto the idea of how it should be.
- Why our gifts can only come forward and be sustained when we are able to fully express ourselves (and why if we’re showing up in pretense or wearing a mask in our relationships or work, we’ll never live into our greatest gifts)
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Embodied Grief Alchemy Coaching - inquire for info
- Creative Feminine Leadership Coaching - inquire for more info
- Be Held & Behold - Free Audio Experience
- SensuAlchemy School of Embodied Grief & Pleasure (The school)
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes here
- Thought or reflection to share? Leave a comment on Instagram here
Find Kate on the following platforms:
We hope you enjoyed today’s podcast. Please subscribe so you’ll be updated when new episodes drop! Also, if you have a few moments to leave some feedback, we’d be so grateful. Simply click on “ratings and reviews” then “write a review” on iTunes to get started. Your reviews are so helpful in ensuring this podcast hits the spot in just the right way. We’d also love it if you could share the podcast with anyone you think might enjoy these episodes. SensuAlchemy School podcast can als be found on Spotify.