11. 5 masks of avoidance that grieving women wear
Today on the pod, I share with you 5 masks of avoidance that grieving women wear.
These masks aren’t labels, they’re not personalities, they’re not prescriptive. They’re not here to instill shame and a sense of failure. I’ve pulled these patterns together and given them names, to invite a gateway into curious somatic inquiry.
This is what it is to work with the creative feminine. To play with possibilities through feeling, sensing and seeing, more of who we are and why we show up the way we do.
Here’s what Kate explores:
- The 5 masks: Good Time Gal, Spiritual Devotee, Free-Spirited Adventurer, Wonder Woman, Relentless Activist
- The nervous system response connected to each of these patterns of grief avoidance
- The cultural lie that all these masks are built on
- How we can begin to notice our avoidance patterns and gently untangle from them
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Reverence~in~motion: 30 days of embodied nourishment through grief & pleasure ritual
- Embodied Grief Alchemy Coaching - inquire for info
- Creative Feminine Leadership Coaching - inquire for more info
- SensuAlchemy School of Embodied Grief & Pleasure (The school)
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes here
- Thought or reflection to share? Leave a comment on Instagram here
Find Kate on the following platforms:
We hope you enjoyed today’s podcast. Please subscribe so you’ll be updated when new episodes drop! Also, if you have a few moments to leave some feedback, we’d be so grateful. Simply click on “ratings and reviews” then “write a review” on iTunes to get started. Your reviews are so helpful in ensuring this podcast hits the spot in just the right way. We’d also love it if you could share the podcast with anyone you think might enjoy these episodes. SensuAlchemy School podcast can also be found on Spotify.