8. The missing piece in women's empowerment (that we struggle to accept)
In Episode 8 of the SensuAlchemy School podcast, Kate illuminates a gaping chasm in the feminist empowerment movement.
The fact is, we as women can vote, earn good money, own a house… hell we may be a freakin’ CEO of an enormous enterprise, and yet it seems for the vast majority of women - true embodied pleasure and vitality escapes us.
Despite the strides we’ve made towards equality; fundamentally we still struggle to feel good.
Today on the podcast, Kate gets to the root of some of the challenges you might have when it comes to accessing pleasure.
She breaks down:
- Some of the ways you might be sabotage your access to pleasure (and subsequently; personal power)
- The hard truth that when we sacrifice pleasure, we forfeit our personal power
- Why we won’t be truly empowered financially, emotionally and relationally until we accept that our pleasure must be non-negotiable.
- Why pleasure is the thing that will truly save us and bring us deep self-love and empowerment in the process
- 3 grounded, practical suggestions to become more open and available to access pleasure
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Women, Grief & Power (5 week online Immersion commencing October 6th)
- SensuAlchemy School of Embodied Grief & Pleasure
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes here
- Thought or reflection to share? Leave a comment on Instagram here
Find Kate on the following platforms:
We hope you enjoyed today’s podcast. Please subscribe so you’ll be updated when new episodes drop! Also, if you have a few moments to leave some feedback, we’d be so grateful. Simply click on “ratings and reviews” then “write a review” on iTunes to get started. Your reviews are so helpful in ensuring this podcast hits the spot in just the right way. We’d also love it if you could share the podcast with anyone you think might enjoy these episodes. SensuAlchemy School podcast can also be found on Spotify.